
See? There really is a statue of a rhino. It's outside the
Musee d'Orsay. Whatever next?

I don't know why I found it funny to see Buffalo Bill's image on a Paris cafe. Turns out, Buffalo Bill, along with Annie Oakley and Sitting Bull and others took their Wild West show to Paris in 1887 and again in other years. They were a big hit. I spoke to someone who ate in this
restaurant and they said none of the staff spoke a word of English. Funny.

Here is one of several cafes near the hotel, all of them had as many or more seats outside than in. How wonderfully French!

"I'm over here in the hydrangea bush." Can you name the movie that comes from? Don't I look happy to be in Paris? A nice lady passing through the garden took this for me. I just held out the camera and said, "
Sil vous plait?" and she kindly obliged. Merci
beaucoup!

Pink roses...my mothers favourite. See how the garden goes on forever?

Here are some shots of the glorious garden in the neighbourhood.

I'm standing in the middle of the street on the Champ
Elysees to take this shot. It's OK. Everybody does it. It looks a little crooked but that's just my careless photography. It's not the "Leaning Tower of T
riomphe."

A view up and under the Arc. So

ornate! The city is filled with such ornamentation at every turn. And statuary galore! There are hundreds of statues all over town in various states of modesty. They must have run out of French to honour because I saw one of Thomas Jefferson and even a rhinoceros!

Time to scope out the neighbourhood. The Arc
de Triomphe is huge! Those dots at the top are people! Funny story...my brother once got caught going round and round this traffic circle and couldn't find his way out it was so congested. He finally parked the car in the middle and left it, calling the rental agency to tell them where they could find their vehicle. He cracks me up!
1 comment:
Wonderful post! I'm enjoying your trip vicariously! lol The French really do love all things cowboy, don't they? Happy weekend...Debbie
Post a Comment